• Family Counseling – We believe that when one family member is going through a difficult time, all the members of that family are affected. Using a variety of proven treatment modalities, we address the concerns of everyone in the family system, from youngest to oldest.
• Individual Counseling – We provide counseling for children and adolescents with a family focus. Our therapists utilize a family systems approach that recognizes and values the impact of the family and community on the child. This approach reinforces child and family strengths, addresses identified family needs, and utilizes community resources.
• Crisis Intervention – The Lighthouse clinical team can schedule crisis appointments as needed. Information and referrals are also available to other community resources. Outside of normal business hours, “First Call for Help” at 410-685-0525 or 211 can provide referrals for non-emergency crises; 911 should always be called for emergency situations.
• Parent Coaching and Consultations – Sometimes parents are looking for a little guidance to get on the right path to managing behavioral issues. This is a short-term counseling/coaching solution that works well for many of our families.
• Educational Consultation – Understanding the process of getting help through your child’s school can be daunting. Our experienced staff can provide special services such as classroom observations, consultation to school personnel, and accompaniment to IEP or other important school meetings. Referrals may be made for specific assessments, as indicated.